Kid’s Discovery Academy, Inc. Services
Before and after school care,
we offer drop in care.
For our Pre-K program:
We want to let people know we will be enrolling children August 2022. The ages for our Pre-K program are 4-5 years old. We offer 2 great curriculums. One curriculum is called D.I.G. (Develop, Inspire, Grow). We want to let the parents know that by balancing developmentally appropriate skills with purposely play, DIG helps teachers Develop, Inspire, and Grow little learners on their way to Grade K. DIG paves the way to readiness for Grade K common core standards by providing a solid foundation, firmly grounded in both literacy and math. DIG supports the whole child.
The other curriculum is called Big Day for Pre-K that offers learning experiences and materials that support children's social and emotional, academic, and physical development. The curriculum is organized into eight thematic units. Each unit includes weekly and daily lessons with whole-group learning activities, small group instruction, and learning centers. Our Big Day for Pre-K curriculum does the following:
- Promotes research-based teaching practices in all Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework (ELOF) domains, but promotes few research-based teaching practices to support the Scientific Reasoning domain.
- Provides sequences of learning that gradually build children's knowledge and skills and ways to individualize learning experiences based on children's strengths and needs.
- Specifies developmentally appropriate learning goals throughout all curriculum activities.
- Promotes ongoing observations of children's learning and development.
- Provides a range of strategies and resources to support parent and family engagement.